Hermon T. Morehead (1905-1969) was born in Russellville, KY to Thomas and Lizzie Morehead. In 1930, he married Georgia E. Page (1910-1996) who was also from Russellville. Georgia was the daughter of George and Bertha (Young) Page. In 1930, they lived with Georgia’s brother David Bibb’s family in Louisville where Hermon was working as a contractor. By 1940, they were renting a house at 1646 W. St. Catherine Street in the California Neighborhood. Hermon was working as a porter in a cafeteria and they had daughter Vivian (born 1931). According to the Hermon’s obituary, he worked at the Colonnade Cafeteria for 32 years. Hermon also worked as the manager and member of one of Louisville’s oldest signing groups, a gospel quintet known as “The Voice of the Deep South.” The group, which celebrated its 30th anniversary in 1969, traveled through Kentucky, Ohio, and Illinois and had radio shows on WINN and 104.7 WLOU. In 1969, Hermon was named a “Louisville Ambassador of Good Will” and was presented with a key to the city. Hermon died on July 24, 1969. He was buried in Section 16, Row 8, Grave 9 of Eastern Cemetery. He has a headstone that would have been shared with Georgia as it also has her name. However, Georgia died on November 9, 1996 and was buried in Cave Hill Cemetery. Photo of the quintet is from “Courier-Journal” May 4, 1969.