How to Help
The Friends of Eastern Cemetery is a volunteer group. We only continue to operate thanks to our amazing volunteers. We need to YOU to keep growing and maintaining Eastern Cemetery. How can you help?
- Bring yourself, family, friends, or a group (work, church, organization) to any of our scheduled volunteer days. We can also schedule a special day just for you! There is always mowing, weed eating, raking, stone cleaning, and general maintenance that need to be done. We post upcoming volunteer days on our Facebook page and website calendar.
- Donate any new or used yard equipment! We always need lawn mowers, weed eaters, rakes, shovels, chainsaws, hedge trimmers, hand tools, buckets, blowers, brooms, etc. You can also donate bottles of water, white cloth towels, gas, oil, etc.
- Join our Arts and Crafts Committee or Event Planning and Coordination Committee! As a non-profit, we have to raise 100% of our funding. Making goods to sell on our website and planning events will help us raise the money that we need to help Eastern Cemetery.
- Help us write biographies of people buried at Eastern Cemetery. Please coordinate with us prior to doing so.
- Consider donating monetarily or getting your business to sponsor us! There are tax benefits to donating to a non-profit organization.
- Enroll your Kroger Plus Card through the Kroger Community Rewards Program! A portion of your purchase will go to saving Eastern Cemetery.
- Shop Amazon.com through Amazon.com so that a percentage of your purchase will go to saving Eastern Cemetery.
For more information, contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org or call (502) 773-2434.